The library is governed by a Board of Trustees, composed of local citizens appointed by the County Judge Executive.
The library is funded by a library tax and special gifts.
- Free library card to first time users. We do ask for a photo ID and proof of address.
- 3 week loan period for books.
- 7 day loan period for DVDs. Late fees are $1.00 per day per DVD.
- Parent signature and photo ID are required before any person under 18 years of age is issued a library card.
- Always bring library card when using library services. Replacement library cards are available with photo ID and a $1.00 replacement fee.
In 1906 the newly formed Pierian Club, with Mrs. Wallace Moore Bartlett as president, started a library club in two rooms over the Lawrenceburg National Bank. Within two years 2000 items were circulating throughout the county. The library club's success led Mrs. Ethyl G. Ripy, the second Pierian Club president, to contact Andrew Carnegie and ask for his aid in erecting a library building. Mr. Carnegie offered $5,000.00 toward the new building if the community would contribute to its upkeep. The Lawrenceburg City Council agreed to help with a library tax. The Pierian Club's diligent work soon became reality on November 8, 1908. The Lawrenceburg Public Library was open.
Years of collection, and growth created the need for larger quarters and in 1973 a new library was started on the donated site of the Lawrenceburg Women's Club (formerly the Pierian Club). This property was said to be the oldest brick building standing in Lawrenceburg--erected prior to 1820. The new facility, now named the Anderson Public Library, was opened in July 1974.